Help us Grow our Family

As many of you know IVF is very expensive. On average one cycle is around $13,000. Any donations (big or small) would be greatly appreciated. Click on the donate button to help us bring another little angel to our family! Even if you are not able to donate, please share our story with others! God Bless!

Saturday, August 8, 2015

OHSS and other news

 So last Sunday I went to the ER. I had really bad, sudden, on set  nausea. I was sweating everywhere and was all clammy and super weak. They gave me IV fluids and did an ultra sound. The ER doctor conferred with my fertility doctor and diagnosed me with ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome. So basically the fertility meds I was taking over stimulated my ovaries which caused them to swell, have more cysts and cause leaky blood vessels.
      The leaking blood vessels leak fluid into my abdomen making it swell, tighten and causes extreme nausea and vomiting. I went into the fertility clinic on Monday where they hooked me up to an IV for more fluids (being extremely dehydrated), and sucked the free flowing fluids out. This was repeated on Wednesday and Friday and most likely again tomorrow. There is no cure for OHSS, you just have to wait it out......which is extremely frustrating. The doctor said it could take days or weeks for it to go away. In the meantime, I can't do much of anything but lay with my feet up and try to drink electrolytes and protein. Luckily (I suppose) Brandon has had time off work, since we were supposed to be on our Oregon trip, and has been able to take care of me and Jeremiah.
      The OHSS lasts longer if you happen to get pregnant during the cycle because the hcg your body produces makes it worse. So guess what? We're officially pregnant! Which is totally awesome! But also means I will likely have to deal with this for a few more weeks :(


      Eventually the time between visits to tap the fluid will get farther apart, but for now it's still every other day. I do feel better after the procedure, I'm just afraid to find out how much it is costing each time. And my poor arms are covered in bruises from IVs and blood work.
      So any continued prayers for good health and healing would be greatly appreciated, especially since Brandon will have to go back to work later this week.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I was there to take care of you!!! Love and prayers from WV!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you love light! You are in your prayers!

    ReplyDelete