Help us Grow our Family

As many of you know IVF is very expensive. On average one cycle is around $13,000. Any donations (big or small) would be greatly appreciated. Click on the donate button to help us bring another little angel to our family! Even if you are not able to donate, please share our story with others! God Bless!

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Egg Retrieval Day!

So I took the trigger shot the other night. The injection sight turned red and was pretty soar for a couple days. But it seemed to work. They make you take a home pregnancy test the next morning to make sure it did. So that is what this photo is. Not pregnant yet, but HCG medication I took in the trigger shot worked.

 Yesterday I went in for my egg retrieval. I have to say that I was a little anxious and nervous. I dropped Jer off for a play date at a friends house (Thank you Jessica!) and Brandon and I headed up to the clinic. We checked in at 11, paid the anesthesiologist fee and waited for about 15 minutes. They called me back about 11:25ish where I got to put on a lovely hospital gown and they hooked me up to an IV.

What they collect the follicle fluid containing the eggs into

Procedure room

My Dr. came in and talked to us for a minute before the IV kicked in and I was out. The procedure took about 30 minutes and they were able to collect 28 eggs :) When I woke up I was still groggy and in a fair amount of pain. So of course that is when my loving husband decides to take a picture......

They gave me the lovely pregnancy Tylenol which surprising actually did help. Afterwards we went and picked up Jer and I came home and rested for the rest of the day. It took a little while to fall asleep last night (trying to find a comfortable position that didn't hurt), but eventually, with the help of a supportive pillow, I was able to sleep until early morning
Resting in bed

My resting buddy
All set up for some good rest

    I got a phone call this morning with the fertilization report telling me that of the 28 eggs they retrieved 22 of them fertilized normally. So that's awesome news. They will call again in a couple of days with another report of how they are doing. Some may fall off over the next few days but with the high number I have we should definitely have some good options for the transfer.
    I am feeling a little better today but am still moving pretty slowly and have no plans to go out. I think if I would have thought a little more about the procedure I would have known better how I would feel afterwards, but I didn't. So I've been in a lot more pain and it is taking longer that I thought it would. The good news is that the embryo transfer next week should be a much easier and less painful procedure. So the hard part is over.
     Until then this will be my new daily routine. I don't have any more injections but they added 3 new medications. One is an antibiotic and the other two are hormones to prepare my uterus for an embryo. The other 3 I've already been taking are the prenatal vitamin, baby Asprin and the Metformin (for my PCOS).

No comments:

Post a Comment